So couple of days ago, my wife’s Galaxy Note was broken – whatever charging cable we tried, the phone hardly get charged – the only case it got charged was when I pulled the charging cable to extream southeast.. It was painful and inconsistent and not a sustainable way.. -_-;
So after some research, I found out, 1) this is not the problem of us only, and we had tons of folks who went thru this process, and 2) some folks do sell USB charging port modules on eBay.. The challenge was finding out the right part for Tmobile version of Note 1 – which is an extreme rare.. (it only sold for a short period with limited quantity)
Luckily enough I was able to order one from eBay, and followed all the directions from the youtube video below
– Open 9 screws at the back
– Open the surrounding cover (so painful!)
– Open 3 screws at the bottom and detach one module
– Open 2 screws at the mainboard
– Detach 6 connection cable points & 1 white line connection point & pull out mainboard
– Detach the white line connection from Charging port module
– Pull out the charging port & reconnect the line connection & all other cables and put back the screws and covers.
The biggest challenge was peeling out the surroundings case because I didn’t have that fancy plastic tool shown in video but I only have my nails as something similar (ouch!!)
With 1st try, it seemed working at first, but power supply seemed to be not feeding into battery.. so…after some thoughts .. I reopened it with hands & nails again (Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch!!!!), and found out the cable connecting charging port module to mainboard was not clipped properly.. 😦
Finally, rework after work, finally the galaxy note is back to its life.. 🙂
Gamble of $20 +pain in nails saved me $500.. but thinking this might have been done at one of the Samsung’s service center in Seoul with cheap service fee made me feel sad that I live across the ocean… I do miss that convenience…
Thank you eBay (and who sold this) & Youtube (and the person who shared the video)!